Hitting the Jackpot!!

When most people think about hitting the jackpot, they think of money.  Whether it’s playing lotto, or maybe the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes, it’s all about the green.  I too used to think like that.  I have only played the lottery a handful of times in my lifetime, usually when the jackpot is at an all time record.  When I play, I only buy one ticket.  If I’m going to be lucky, then one ticket should do.  But as time went on without a call from the lottery commission, I knew it wasn’t meant to be.  So for me, hitting the jackpot has a different meaning.  I believe I have hit the jackpot because I couldn’t ask for anything more out of life.  I worked hard for 30 years in the financial industry and saved my money.  I saved like crazy, even when it meant giving up luxuries which were never that important to me in the first place.  I married, raised two children, and now, after all this time, left my career of over 30 years and pursued some of the things I wanted to do.  I now work in a profession that I truly enjoy, I travel, I am able to provide for my family, and I have some very good friends.  What more can someone ask for. While winning millions of dollars would be nice, I don’t think it would alter my life one bit.  Sure I’d have more money for my family, but I really don’t think it would give me any more pleasure than I have today.

2 thoughts on “Hitting the Jackpot!!

1. Yvette Deborrah Montplaiser

Hi, Jon,
    Absolutely, what more can a man ask for in life. I totally agree with Professor Incantalupo on this one “It sounds like you have hit the jackpot already!” Truly speaking I would really love to hit the jackpot. Last week I was at the Casino and I missed the jackpot by a quarter of an inch.
    Yvette