If I wasn’t a teacher…

I would probably be in the music or theatre industry in some capacity.  While I played many instruments growing up, I don’t think I mastered any of them enough to be a pit musician so that’s out.  I went to the theatre growing up with my mom and have such great memories.  The shows we saw together over 30 years ago still stick with me as do the songs from those shows.  A Chorus Line, Fiddler on the Roof, Les Mis, and Phantom.  I know ever word to every song and it drives my family crazy when I listen to these songs in the car.  They don’t understand what these songs mean to me.  They are not just songs from Broadway musicals, they are my memories from time spent with my mom.

1 thought on “If I wasn’t a teacher…

1. Jeanne Incantalupo

The power of a song is really amazing, isn’t it? My mom used to play classical music in the house while I was growing up, and now I like to listen to it too because its comforting. In Art school, there was a jazz show 3 X per week I used to always go because my friend played the Sax. Now whenever I hear jazz I think about those relaxed days of college and reminisce by myself.